Subject: RE: [BoundaryPoint] Re: ok but why or what are we looking for
Date: Jan 04, 2006 @ 03:29
Author: Hugh Wallis ("Hugh Wallis" <hugh@...>)

If you recall the start of this thread (which has change titles a few times now) it was the Lat and Long information provided for the US state quadripoint which kicked it all off - that was the initial connection to multipointing.

I believe it also has relevance to the EGLYSD class B claim discussed in another thread - the location evidently reached was the confluence according to WGS84 datum which is most likely not the same location as the actual tripoint which was probably defined using a different datum. Some of these datums can cause points to be off by up to 200m in some parts of the world so datum awareness is vital if you are going to use Lat and Long as the means of identifying multipoint locations.