Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Four pointer
Date: Jan 03, 2006 @ 08:33
Author: jesniel@image.dk (jesniel@...)

As I can see you cannot trust Google Earth 100% when it comes to positions
and borders.

0 doesn't even hit Greenwich Observatory (http://www.mykreeve.net/london/greenwich/royal_observatory)

Jesper

to be dead on 37 degrees North, but when I zoom in as closely as possible
on the Google Earth image, which presumably comes from the Geo Positioning
Satellite, it is shown to be
>hree whole seconds south of that line, or 1/1200 of a degree of latitude.
However I think that, given the relatively primitive methods available to
the contemporary surveyors, they should perhaps be allowed some little degree
of latitude(!): I would no
> like to see that causing any territorial wars! Maybe I should not even
have mentioned it! Roger & out.