Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] All quiet on the IBC front? - RESEND with ATTACHMENTS
Date: Dec 12, 2005 @ 22:32
Author: aletheia kallos (aletheia kallos <aletheiak@...>)

thanxx & yes indeed
still no return call
tho the commish did confidently promise it
& fully expected to clear everything up & satisfy our
inquiry on both caus in general & nyonqc in particular

within 40 minutes
some 100 hours ago now

which i take to mean not that they are so busy there
necessarily but that we must have thrown them for more
than their typical loop
& that even a concerted effort & the intervening
weekend werent enough for them to catch up on their
reading & get all their wayward ducks back into a row
sensible enough to retire our peculiar request &
behest & beau geste

& now that you too have so nicely confirmed all their
plotted points on both maps
with the notable exception of the original & single
most questionable one i called them on
namely
the one you still show unflagged sw of saint regis on
the canadian topo
whose coords i still believe may be given on the
second line here
http://www.internationalboundarycommission.org/coordinates/SECT-K-83.txt
albeit presumably at least mistitled mon andrew
ellicott if not completely bogus besides
i think the cause for their delay is clear
& that it is likely accompanied by some discomfiture
about this entire data page
if not total disarray
& that it has sent them packing to check all their
sources for all of it
but for this inexplicable point in particular

for it is my guess that they have at least realized
that they have this rock in the wrong place
& possibly also that the whole second line there is
both bogus & unexplainable
tho corrected by the usgs sometime between 1917 & 1948
even if not by canada til at least 2000

but in the meantime
can you confirm that these coords do fit that single
still naked turnpoint on your 2nd attachment
dipping just outside the map frame there sw of 774
or else that i am indeed mistaken in this surmise
about its source data