Subject: Re: please stand by for kyle hipsley improvising on nyonqc
Date: Dec 08, 2005 @ 20:13
Author: aletheiak ("aletheiak" <aletheiak@...>)

while we are waiting
i can tell you
that on the way to fully understanding my questions
commissioner hipsley has already told me about the great water boundary resurvey period
of 1903 to 1930 when all caus river channels
such as this one he implied or said
were rationalized into series of turnpoints based on thalweg soundings & the limits of
both navigability & intervisibility
as i understood him
in a very principled & orderly even if staggering progression

& we can already foresee that that process alone could not explain the interpolated jog
southwest from saint regis
since it runs mostly or all in shallows & clearly has nothing to do with the shipping channel

& btw i also specifically questioned the authenticity of their supposed mon andrew ellicott
coords at this supposed wet turpoint

so this is already too delicious

& i just had to share that while waiting for the phone to ring