Subject: Re: Balkan borders
Date: Dec 08, 2005 @ 17:35
Author: aletheiak ("aletheiak" <aletheiak@...>)

thanx
are you suggesting you happily tried or luckily chanced on a multipoint

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, Christian Berghänel <christian.berghanel@c...>
wrote:

> Yahoo! Photos
> Hi,
>
> While spending 5 months in Skopje, Macedonia (January to June this year) I had the
chance to cross a lot of borders. Unfortunately I didn't manage to join Jesper, Rolf, Peter,
Doug and the others while passing through.
> I'm sure they sent nice pictures to the list(s). I have tried to search for them in the
archive, but without any luck.

> Anyway, if you press this link ( View Balkan Borders ), you can see the border pictuers I
took with my digital camera.
> Unfortunately it is, as you all know, sometimes difficult to take pictures at the borders.
Somtimes it's better not to. You don't want to be arrested in places like Kosovo just
because you're taking pictures... hmm..

> My pictures;
>
> 1-4. The Macedonian - Albanian border crossing just west of Ohrid Lake.
> During my time in the Balkans I crossed at 3 of the 4 AL-MK border crossings (at Debar,
the one west of Ohrid Lake, and the one at Sveti Naum on the south-east side of the same
lake). No photos from Debar and Sv. Naum crossings though.

> 5-6. Serbian - Bulgarian border crossing 'Dolno Ujno' close to Bulgarian town of
Kjustendil. Here the actual border with a stone.

> 7. Not the actual border, but just before the Macedonian side of the border to Greece at
the main road E75 at Gevgelija.
> I once passed this border at the crossing south of Bitola (no photos). When driving in
Greece and heading for Macedonia it's sometimes not easy to find the way. (No good
signs, because Greece don't accept the name 'Macedonia'). Trying to find the way to this
border crossing at Niki (south of Bitola) I finally found a small sign saying
'Yugoslavia'...(sorry if beeing political)

> 8-9. Kosovo - Macedonia border north-east of Tetovo. Both pictures are from inside
Kosovo.
> The other KS-MK border crossing at E65 from Skopje to Pristina I passed several times.
No photos though.

> 10-11. Serbian - Macedonian border north of Pelnice (MK). Picture taken from Serbia.
The Serbian border crossing is at the buildings furthest away. The Macedonian border
crossing can not be seen.
> I also passed the Macedonian - Serbian border at the main crossing (at E75) but no
photos.

> Besides these, I also passed the Kosovo - Albanian border between Prizren and Kukes,
the Albanian - Greek border at Kakavile (E853), and the Bulgarian - Macedonian border
close to Kriva Palanka (MK). No photos from these.