Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] WG: Old tp photo
Date: Nov 21, 2005 @ 14:37
Author: aletheia kallos (aletheia kallos <aletheiak@...>)

--- Wolfgang Schaub
<Wolfgang.Schaub@...> wrote:

> Can anybody READ what is written on the left board:
> "Achtung Lebensgefahr
> Wirkungsbereich ... Minen"? What kind of mines?
>
> Without consulting the link I would interpret the GO
> as Gotha, which makes
> partly sense, since Coburg-Gotha's northern border
> was Bavaria's northern
> border in the Cold War. Though I would have expected
> the stone saying CO
> instead of GO. The stone to the left may say AL
> which could stand for
> Altenburg, but this does not make sense at all.

thanx very much indeed for at least playing lip
service to real multipointing here
since thats what we have been about here since day one
& i think you are quite right too that altenburg would
make no sense at all
if you are talking about any of the 4 bits of it that
are shown here in dark orange as areas 1d
http://www.ieg-maps.uni-mainz.de/gif/71th_a4.htm
but are you perhaps aware of other & or later bits of
it i am not considering

http://www.ena.lu/europe/success%20crisis/iron%20curtain%20border%20point%20

http://farechase.yahoo.com