Subject: Re: VS: Old tp photo
Date: Nov 13, 2005 @ 14:45
Author: aletheiak ("aletheiak" <aletheiak@...>)

somewhat better map
http://www.ieg-maps.uni-mainz.de/gif/71th_a4.htm
confirms the only 2 likely locations for bavaria coburg meinengen tripoints
but i find the present landkreise borders within thuringia dont seem to follow any of these
historic borders
& moreover good maps of these have proved elusive

at this point my impression & hunch are that both these tripoints are only ghosts
whichever of them you may have found the picture of

but whoever rides the new iron curtain tripointing bike trail should keep an eye out for
them
of course along with the 7 modern tristate points