Subject: Re: thailand-myanmar
Date: Nov 03, 2005 @ 19:18
Author: aletheiak ("aletheiak" <aletheiak@...>)

fantastic
i can scarcely wait
& from what you have said so far
i am gathering that the rock & sign you have already shown
are situated just above the right or closer bank of the confluence
& i would guess very near the red roofed building that is visible in many of the pix
& that they are & represent the mmth witness mark of the actual thalweg junction tripoint
as that point existed when the rock was installed to mark it
presumably directly athwart it
tho not necessarily exactly where the living thalweg junction may have been situated at the
time of your visit

but were you aware at any point during the boat ride of the exact convergence point of the
threads or swiftest waters of these 2 river streams

or am i racing too far ahead

well i am happy to wait for your report too
but just wanted to express my satisfaction & to cheer & shout a little in advance
for this undoubtedly leading try for lammth