Subject: Re: The Journal of Andrew Ellicott
Date: Oct 22, 2005 @ 21:51
Author: aletheiak ("aletheiak" <aletheiak@...>)

yikes good going & hardly sad or unfortunate
but only more fascinating & challenging now

for one thing it means your hypothesis was anticipated by & worthy of no less than
cadastral engineers
whatever they are
& it also means even such experts as these guys were couldnt find his mound number 24
so you are saved in advance from any disappointment or frustration etc

it could also mean they were only looking for a post rather than any mound there & had no
idea the post they sought was moldering within the funny bump they were standing on
or gazing at right beside them
in my hysterical historical reenactment anyway

& it could also mean ellicott was deadheading or goldbricking & feathering back on the
construction of the more remote mounds too
hence not much of a bump or no bump at all after a couple of centuries

but it most probably means our quest for any bump on lams
if not the oldest bump or a multibump
will be so much the more demanding now

& i agree your hypothesis is still intact for purposes of near missed localizations
which could still be our best line of approach
& also for leading us to perfectly or imperfectly coincident ellicott mound tripoints

like say on the side hill of a mound but not necessarily at its exact vertex

for i think you have positively demonstrated that all of that is still highly possible even if
no longer so likely any more
& that the game is definitely worth the candle
& that a methodical & careful & patient search should eventually pay off

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Lowell G. McManus" <mcmanus71496@m...>