Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] slight correction Re: The Journal of Andrew Ellicott
Date: Oct 15, 2005 @ 01:05
Author: Lowell G. McManus ("Lowell G. McManus" <mcmanus71496@...>)

All I know is that the measurements match from point D to the Pearl. You say
that they don't east of the Pearl.

The Pearl is the first river worthy of the name that he had to cross. West of
there, the streams are shallow sandy-bottomed creeks. The line would have
crossed the Pearl five times within less than two miles! East of there, there
are many real rivers. In Alabama, the line crosses braided steam channels of
the Tombigbee/Alabama/Mobile/Tensaw river complex for ten miles! I don't know
exactly how Ellicott and the Spanish commissioner handled all of these, but I'm
sure that it wasn't easy.

Lowell G. McManus
Leesville, Louisiana, USA