Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Questions Re: first known legal entry into usa at a tripoint ..., etc.
Date: Aug 31, 2005 @ 18:56
Author: aletheia kallos (aletheia kallos <aletheiak@...>)

you may be right lowell
& the site is down at the moment so i cant check the
text
but what i think this law really says or at least
really means is
the federal maritime & littoral zone will extend no
more than 20 meters beyond the high tide line & only
up beaches with slopes of 30 degrees or less

so the federal zone will terminate & the state
territories will begin as soon as either 30 degrees of
slope or 20 meters of surface distance is reached
regardless of which happens first

also
if you dont think the beach strip is really federal
territory
but only federal public property
then what would the difference be
& where do you think the federal maritime territory
really terminates

somewhere like the high tide line perhaps
or somewhere like the low tide line
or maybe somewhere else
but it becomes necessary to figure out exactly where
it does end
if not exactly where this law seems to say it does
& also to figure out exactly how federal public domain
differs from statal public domain

http://portal.semarnat.gob.mx/marco_juridico/reglamentos/mar.shtml

http://www.ordenjuridico.gob.mx/Constitucion/cn16.pdf