Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Questions Re: first known legal entry into usa at a tripoint ..., etc.
Date: Aug 30, 2005 @ 16:25
Author: Lowell G. McManus ("Lowell G. McManus" <mcmanus71496@...>)

The tripoint perspective of the human cannonball story relates (vaguely) to the
fact that the several states of the Mexican union stop somewhere around or
slightly above the high-water mark on the coasts. Thus, wave-swept Mexican
beaches theoretically are under jurisdiction that is exclusively federal. This
creates a tripoint (of sorts) between the USA, the Estado de Baja California,
and Mexican federal territory near the trajectory of the human cannonballer.
The relative significance of such a tripoint in the grand scheme of things might
be subject to question, but some BoundaryPoint members have never met a tripoint
that they didn't love.

The main functional difference between the BoundaryPoint and BorderPoint groups
is the atmosphere that sometimes prevails in each.

Lowell G. McManus
Leesville, Louisiana, USA