Subject: Re: Hello Boundary Pointers!!
Date: Aug 25, 2005 @ 14:41
Author: aletheiak ("aletheiak" <aletheiak@...>)

welcome hugh

your interest in multipointing
tho extremely rare in the world at large
is greatly appreciated here at bp
where tripoints & tripointing are not at all oddities but normalities

so you are not only nuts but also in good company

indeed here at bp the oddities are everything but the pursuit of such
multidimensional realities as you have nicely identified below
specifically
in a nutshell
the 6 tripoints of adesfre adesfrw bedelu befrlu defrlu & bedenl

& i have taken the liberty of renaming them in this peculiar way
in case you do want more info on them in preparation for your tries
since it is just these spellings that are the most effective terms to
use for finding previous reports on them with our bp search engine

for example
you might find that
of the 6 tripoints you mention
2 of them arent really points at all but actually lines
& at least 1 other is rather ill defined besides
etc

in fact boundarypoint was expressly created by multipointers for
multipointers & multipointing reports
tho some of us here have admittedly wandered rather far afield from
the original purpose at times too
such that our basic theme may often seem only incidental & optional &
not at all essential
when compared to anything else anyone is nuts about
of which we have been treated to a great deal over the years
as you may imagine

but in any case please also be aware of our new companion yahoo group
borderpoint
aka bp cubed
which is expressly & especially devoted to all other international
border topics
& where i imagine you may find even more of your interests both
programmatic & universally reciprocated
even if they should be tangential or extrinsic to boundarypoint

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Hugh Wallis" <hugh@o...> wrote:
> Having just discovered this list and joined up I thought I should
introduce
> myself.
>
> I have been fascinated by boundaries and borders, especially
oddities like
> tripoints, since as long as I can remember. So this seems like the
perfect
> place to hang out :)
>
> My discovery of this list was the result of researching on the
internet for
> my upcoming 2 day meeting in Madrid and my interest in geocaching
> (www.geocaching.com). I decided to go caching in the Pyrennean
region around
> Andorra over the weekend leading up to my meetings (I will fly into
> Barcelona arriving on the morning of Saturday 10th September and end
up in
> Madrid on the Sunday evening) and noticed Llívia on the map. It
seemed an
> oddity and so the research started in earnest!! While I doubt whether I
> shall be able to access the Andorra-Spain-France tripoints in the time
> available, since they appear to require extensive hiking to reach and I
> shall be on my own which seems unwise in such territory, I shall
definitely
> make the effort to investigate the Spanish exclave of Llívia. I hope to
> bring back some photos and stories to share with the like minded
people on
> this list.
>
> My enthusiasm being raised for this form of adventure I realised the
added
> possibility of taking advantage of a technical "stopover" in
Frankfurt (less

http://tinyurl.com/8vncx
> which is the only cache inside one of these enclaves as far as I can
tell) -
> although depending on my assesment of how the time is going I might skip
> these in favour of some faster roads,
> 3) the old Neutral Moresnet territory where I can practice my Esperanto
> (yeah right!!),
> 4) the southernmost point in the Netherlands (with another geocache at
> http://tinyurl.com/dwt8o ) and
> 5) the Netherlands/Belgium/Germany/Neutral Moresnet Quadpoint, before
>
> 6) hurtling down the Autobahn to catch my 1700 flight from FRA.
>
> Am I nuts? Yes!
>
> I hope I am in good company therefore!!
>
> If anyone could provide me GPS coordinates for the
Belgium/France/Luxembourg