Subject: Re: TP?
Date: Mar 16, 2001 @ 21:32
Author: peter.smaardijk@and.com (peter.smaardijk@...)

No. According to the web site (if I understand it well, because my
Czech is not very good) it is a monument dedicated to the painter
Adalbert Stifter. After some surfing I found out that this was a
Germanophone painter and writer from Bohemia (from the nearby town of
Horni Plana, Oberplan in German). XIXth century. Almost drank himself
to death, but eventually committed suicide.
It stands near the small lake called Plesne jezero, which is about a
mile away from the tripoint.

So, alas, no. Just an unhappy artist....

Peter S.