Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Boundaries at sea
Date: Mar 16, 2001 @ 20:18
Author: michael donner (michael donner <m@...>)

fascinating
& it almost makes me regret backing away from the eez tps

for after all
sovereign rights tps are no less real as tps than sovereign territorial ones

it is only their constituencies or contents that are less real

so perhaps it would be sensible & interesting to continue to keep track of
the eez tps also
at least in the back of our minds
or somewhere off in a sidebar or footnote to the main collection

yet i can tell you from the efforts i have already made
eez boundaries are very much a work in process at this time
so the eez tps are generally quite hard to pin down
as many if not most of them exist only in potential
& reliable info about them tends to be squirreled away in expensive &
elusive publications

so perhaps an eez tp collection is something better postponed for as long
as possible
or even reserved for future generations
just like the human heritage areas that the eezs overlie & their outer
limits abut
if indeed i have finally got it straight

but if the distinction we are now making between sovereign territory &
sovereign rights territory sharply reduces the number of full bodied
tricountry points
whether actual or potential
it also appears to increase greatly the territorial area of everyones land

for if i havent gone astray yet again
it means the human heritage area not only abuts the outer limits of the eez
areas as previously realized but also actually underlies them all as well

so congrats to everyone
hopefully belated in this case rather than again premature