Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Armenia/Azerbaijan
Date: Jun 20, 2005 @ 04:16
Author: aletheia kallos (aletheia kallos <aletheiak@...>)

what do you mean by may be defacto occupied

there is no maybe about it

they
a r e
de facto occupied plain & simple

for de facto simply means
in reality or fact
or actually

& occupied means de facto occupied

occupation is the fact

moreover de facto always trumps de jure & never vice
versa
& de jure agreements are generally just a way of
normalizing facts that already exist on the ground

in fact de jure reality is just a subset of de facto
reality
as the rule of law is just a subset of the rule of
force

for a dead clave or a burst bubble to return to
existence
it would have to get reconstituted or reinflated
somehow

& thats not likely in any case
& practically inconceivable in the present case

consider these claves swapped & forget them already

nature abhors claves & bubbles almost as much a vacuum

& your living claveless de facto cnin border is not at
all comparable to these de facto dead amaz claves

in the case of the former there is a line of actual
control
but in the case of the latter there is no longer any
control
& thus no longer any lines to mark it

--- Brendan Whyte <bwhyte@...> wrote:

> Len, Can we get bibliographic details of this map
> and guide?
>
> They may be defacto occupied, but not de jure...
> just like the Indo-China
> border.
>

> >I visited a Borders bookstore today, and found a
> detailed map in a
> >travel guide about Armenia showing territory lost
> between Armenia and
> >Azerbaijan in the last fifteen years. The three
> enclaves north of
> >Nagorno-Karabach were shown as "territory lost" by
> the respective
> >mother countries.... meaning the exclaves aren't
> there any more. De
> >facto, anyway.
> >Did we ever discuss the present state of these
> before?
> >LN
>

> Brendan

Yahoo! Sports