Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Re: MCFR(w)
Date: Jun 10, 2005 @ 11:56
Author: aletheia kallos (aletheia kallos <aletheiak@...>)

that is first rate trypointing by you
& a sensible presumption as well
which this best available map
http://www.lib.utexas.edu/maps/europe/monaco.jpg
corroborates to within a couple of seconds of latitude
at most
or no more than about 50 meters
but it disagrees by a full tenth of a minute in the
longitude
or some hundreds of meters

these possible discrepancies may be owing to the fact
that the map is older than the treaty
or to the fact that the entire fontvieille area
consists of reclaimed land that may be subject to
ongoing modifications
or to a slight difference in the geodetic systems used
but i think especially to the fact that your maritime
delimitation data must refer to the ends of invisible
coastal baselines established from headland to
headland at lowest low tide
rather than to the actual sea wall that is visible in
the pix

--- Anton Zeilinger <anton_zeilinger@...>