Subject: Re: Hammerfest or?
Date: May 15, 2005 @ 00:14
Author: aletheiak ("aletheiak" <aletheiak@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Henry Hirose"
<silentcity@h...> wrote:
> --- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, Kevin Meynell <knm@m...>
wrote:

> > >Well, the question is: which is the uppermost northern TOWN in
> the world?
> >
> > Its one of these questions similar to 'What is the tallest
> building in the
> > world?'. It depends on how you define it.
>
> I totally agree. Here is one usable definition:
>
> What is the northernmost year round settlement?
>
> By this definition, it's Alert, Canada. But since it's a military
> base, you can come up with another definition that avoids bases:
>
> What is the northernmost year round civilian settlement?
>
> Don't have an asnwer to that one so I will leave it open for
> others. How about this one?
>
> What is the northernmost human settlement?

all fine but there is not yet any warrant to specify any of these

the question belongs only to fabio

unless you intend to ask some new questions

which then belong to you

> What I have often pondered are their southern equivalents:
>
> What is the southernmost year round settlement?
> What is the southernmost year round civilian settlement?

& indeed these are new questions
both in regard to the change in polarity
& also in regard to the specificities

& you have apparently answered them all to your satisfaction

but please speak up if there is any question of yours outstanding