Subject: Re: BGRO-BS
Date: Apr 25, 2005 @ 21:23
Author: aletheiak ("aletheiak" <aletheiak@...>)

ahhh ok now i see what you are really asking

but first please understand that whether you or your collection considers a particular
border to be a land border or not is of no consequence whatsoever to that border itself

for besides ignoring the real territorial distinction between whole countries & their parts
& in addition to imposing an artificial distinction between water borders & land borders
you are evidently now wanting to further distinguish your supposedly water borders
as being either salty water borders or fresh water borders
& if i understand you correctly
to even somehow tell the place or point where the salty denl meets the brackish denl

& it doesnt necessarily work that way

for one thing
a point continues being what it is no matter what you think you are making of it
& isnt really quite the same thing as a place
tho you may consider them the same

& for another
borders continue being what they are no matter what you think you are making of them

& in reality land borders do indeed extend into the water

obviously into internal fresh & brackish water wherever they cross it
but not so obviously into the sea itself sometimes too
since the line between internal waters & territorial seas
generally speaking
doesnt follow the coasts & river mouths per se
but the straight offshore baselines linking the most protrusive coastal headlands

& there are besides that all the local realities you may also prefer to ignore
which determine where the borders between the national & subdivisional territories
actually lie

in the case of the dedk & denl borders you mention
i am not sure but i believe
from previous discussions we have had & mapping i have seen
i am pretty sure denmark & germany & nederland are all like canada in reserving the entire
territorial seas to the national government

but for denl i believe that
in addition to the question of where the estuary ends & the sea begins
there is also an active denl dispute about the location of the point you are referring to

but even if that were not the case in this case
generally speaking all these questions about where the exact international subdivisional
tripoints lie can be determined
just like questions about all other tripoints
by finding the applicable laws & treaties