Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Re: FW: [roadgeek] Online maps of Mexican Municipios?
Date: Apr 12, 2005 @ 00:17
Author: Lowell G. McManus ("Lowell G. McManus" <mcmanus71496@...>)

A pueblo (or población) is just a populated place or settlement. An ejido is a
parcel of agricultural land cooperatively-held by its residents. An ejido, as
an organized entity, is more economic than governmental. There are no local
governments apart from the municipios. Each is governed by an elected council
called the "Ayuntamiento" and a "Presidente Municipal."

The web sites of the various state governments typically have a section on their
municipios. Most states have a separate web page for each municipio, naming its
officials, some local information, and sometimes a map.

Lowell G. McManus
Leesville, Louisiana, USA