Subject: Re: FW: [roadgeek] Online maps of Mexican Municipios?
Date: Apr 11, 2005 @ 21:54
Author: adamnvillani ("adamnvillani" <avillani@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Patton [DCP]"
<dpatton@c...> wrote:
> Brendan wrote:
> > BP folks,
> >
> > Don't meant to cross lists here, but a guy from another list I am
on > > is requesting information

> He might try contacting the folks at BiciMapas:
> http://www.bicimapas.com.mx/
> to see if they have such information, or know
> where it can be obtained.

Hi! I'm actually the guy he's referring to. I'm actually an occasional
lurker over here on this group. I'll take a closer look at the site
you suggested later this evening.

I know the municipios get called county-equivalents because they're
the first-level subdivisions of the states, but what sorts of
governmental functions do they serve? Does anybody know any other good
sites (preferably in English) that might have info on different levels
of government in Mexico?

Adam