Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Largest enclave
Date: Mar 13, 2001 @ 23:40
Author: David Mark (David Mark <dmark@...>)

On Wed, 14 Mar 2001, Brendan Whyte wrote:

> >If an exclave is defined as a disconnected piece of a unit that one cannot
> >reach except by going through one or more other units of the same 'level'.
>
> So still landlocked? Rules out Kalinigrad?

Not land locked-- land is irrelevant to the fiat objects we are dealing
with here. But land-plus-12-mile-limit-locked. If one can reach
international waters from Kalingrad territory without passimg through
other countries' sovereignty, then it is not an exclave or enclave.

> And Jungholz is neither also? So remains a pene-enclave and a
> pene-exclave??

According to your definition, yes.

David