Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Re: baarle photos description
Date: Mar 13, 2001 @ 23:00
Author: Brendan Whyte ("Brendan Whyte" <brwhyte@...>)

you will have to buy my thesis when it is finished...

There are two policement, one fomr each country, both offiecedi n the same
room in the Belgian town hall (which is technically illegal as the dutch
officer is not really entitled to have his gun in Baarle-Hertog).
They have trays on their desks, each in their naitonal colours!
Each can arrest anyone anywhere, but if in the other country, must as soon
as possible hand the suspect over to the other officer.
They alternate their attendance at the office, so there is a sign outside
with a the 2 flafgs, and the days and times when each is present.
Both national police symbols are on the wall of the Belgian town hall.