Subject: Re: Indoor border marker
Date: Mar 25, 2005 @ 00:33
Author: aletheiak ("aletheiak" <aletheiak@...>)

& proceeding from mass town line supermarketing
to mass town line super megapointing
i see the claim is made about halfway down the page in
http://www.rootsweb.com/~mabarnst/
that if you extend the original borders of the towns of barnstable
county massachusetts out into cape cod bay
they will all meet at a single point in the middle of the bay

suggesting a ship at anchor was used to survey them by night

& while i havent yet been able to find a good enough map to tie
all these town lines together well enough to either substantiate
or bust this claim
& tho clearly many modifications would also have had to occur
since such a hypothetical big bang & point of origin occurred
if indeed there ever really was one
there definitely do at least appear at first glance to be many
possible remnants of such a comprehensive alignment in the 9
town lines successively separating in clockwise order
provincetown
truro
wellfleet
eastham
orleans
brewster
dennis
yarmouth
barnstable &
sandwich
& perhaps also continuing with several additional towns beyond
barnstable county & up the west side of the bay

but can anyone shed any further light upon this grand
perhaps
hyperdecapoint

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Hanrahan"
<w1wh@a...> wrote:

> Another Massachusetts example is the supermarket on the
line between