Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Re: river condo authority joins denj follies
Date: Mar 17, 2005 @ 22:51
Author: Lowell G. McManus ("Lowell G. McManus" <mcmanus71496@...>)

Yes. The analogy between the Delaware portion of Artificial Island and the New
Jersey portion of Ellis Island is almost perfect. When a boundary is in place
through water or along a high- or low-water mark, any artificial filling (or
even dredging) doesn't change it (absent something in writing to the contrary).
You are also correct that the boundary would have followed the low-water mark
around the northern end of Artificial Island, had that island not been
artificial.

Remember that there is a formal ferry landing on fill extending from the New
Jersey bank into Delaware, plus one or two other smaller filled protrusions.

Lowell G. McManus
Leesville, Louisiana, USA