Subject: RE: [BoundaryPoint] Re: river condo authority joins denj follies
Date: Mar 17, 2005 @ 16:57
Author: Flynn, Kevin ("Flynn, Kevin" <flynnk@...>)

No, that isn't what I thought. Some docs I was perusing online in the
archives talked about the extension of the circle over to the low water
mark, and not any dry land. It was to give DE its authority over the water
of the river to the NJ bank.

I suppose its name betrays it, but Artificial Island must not have existed
as it does today at the time the southern end of the circle was agreed upon?
Otherwise, if it did, under the grants as given the DE line would have had
to follow the low water mark around the northern tip of Artificial Island,
would it not? Thus denying DE any dry land on the NJ shore. But under the
same principle as NJ finally getting jurisdiction over the filled areas of
Ellis Island because it was raised up from the bay floor it controlled, DE
may have gained sovereignty over the tip of Artificial Island because it was
raised up from the river bed after the circle had been closed? No?