Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] inpk cricket opening day results
Date: Mar 08, 2005 @ 20:39
Author: aletheia kallos (aletheia kallos <aletheiak@...>)

--- Eric Choate <choatune@...> wrote:

> Wouldn't a cricket pitch that straddles the India
> and Pakistan border border be interesting? I guess
only
> the players would need visas.

hahahaha
good one

> Does anyone know of an athletic stadium that
> straddles a border of any type?

a bzgt soccer field in message 9814
& an interstate gym in a school on inoh i think
& perhaps a few others have been reported
but not many

> A soccer stadium with one goal on each side of the
> North Korea-South Korea border next to those split
> buildings could be a way to thaw relations between
> the countries. Or at least put a ping pong net
> across one of their divided tables.

yes indeed & put some such thing on every border
for we only need to learn to be better sports
since homo ludens trumps homo sapiens any day

inpk & cricket are just leading the way today

> I've heard that the high schools of Lancaster
> County, SC, and Union County, NC, play a football
> game every fall to determine where the true
> birthplace of Andrew Jackson is because historians
> cannot agree about which of the two counties it is
> in. maybe they need a stadium with the border on
> the 50 yard line?
>
> Eric
>
> aletheia kallos <aletheiak@...> wrote:

http://www.webindia123.com/news/showdetails.asp?id=71615&n_date=20050308&cat=Sports