Subject: worlds largest peninsula try complete for now
Date: Mar 05, 2005 @ 22:18
Author: aletheia kallos (aletheia kallos <aletheiak@...>)

ok having just scoped out the guinness website
it is now clear that they just dont keep records of
this
worlds largest
ilk there at all
& thus cannot even be considered a potentially
interested party to this quest

for only if my worlds largest try were a personal feat
of some kind might they be interested

which seems funny since thats exactly what this is

worlds largest peninsula ever perceived
hahahaha
but i dont think i would go after them that way

& in fact there doesnt seem to be much interest
anywhere online at least in such an honor roll of the
worlds largest geographical objects as might include
the worlds largest peninsula

so perhaps better to just rest on my laurels as
provisionally established below
until & unless someone can improve on them
& possibly tho not very likely reverse the decision

for the margin is close but not so close that i
seriously doubt the findings are correct

hmm
but maybe what i should do next is simply create the
very list of the worlds largest geographical things
records that this record could fit into

so
the largest continent is of course still afroeurasia
& the largest ocean is as we all know the pacific
& the largest peninsula apparent is the afroeuropic
& the largest sea is generally said to be the south
china
but now what else is there to add on that scale

so i think i will just rest on my laurels here again

--- aletheiak <aletheiak@...> wrote:

> second trial balance in thousands of square
> kilometers or ksk
>
> on the left pan of the scales
> all of africa 30065
> plus
> all of conventional europe 9938
> less 15 percent of russia 2550 & 7 percent of
> kazakhstan 187
> leaving 7201 of conventional europe
> plus
> the following 13 entire countries from conventional
> asia
> saudi arabia 1961
> yemen 528
> oman 212
> uae 83
> qatar 11
> kuwait 18
> iraq 432
> jordan 92
> israel 20
> lebanon 10
> syria 184
> armenia 28
> georgia 70
> & also parts of the following 3 countries from
> conventional asia
> 95 percent of turkey 732
> 25 percent of azerbaijan 22
> 15 percent of iran 245
> amounting all together to 4648 taken from
> conventional asia
> & thus totaling 41914 ksk
>
> & on the right pan of the scales
> all of conventional asia 44579
> less
> the 16 deductions above or 4648
> leaving 39931 of it
> plus
> the 2 additions above or 2737
> & thus totaling 42668 ksk
>

> so the balance of the scales appears to have tipped
> back in favor
> of the east lobe
> which would make it the afroeurasian mainland
> & thus the smaller or west lobe the worlds largest
> peninsula
>
> so all hail the afroeuropic
> maxipeninsula apparent
>

> but the margin of difference is now less than 1
> percent
> or only 754 ksk
> which is really too thin considering all the
> estimates built into it
> so a still more scrupulous try is probably going to
> be necessary
> especially if anyone so exacting as guinness is ever
> going to be
> satisfied
>

> however
> maybe i can get them to hire the hi tech &
> geographic expertise
> that i see now will be necessary to finally settle
> this question
> since they arent likely to take anyones word for
> anything anyway
>
> & so i will proceed next in their direction

Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!