Subject: Re: widest isthmus measured but largest peninsula still elusive
Date: Mar 02, 2005 @ 01:13
Author: aletheiak ("aletheiak" <aletheiak@...>)

good thinking
thank you
so all i need to find now is a big enough & good enough & new
enough globe

since i already own the string

& some additional number crunching i have also been doing in
the meantime tells me the great circle isthmus route actually
runs a good deal farther to the west than i had previously thought
possible
thus very likely introducing the slight additional complication of
dividing several other countries too
while also decimating if not completely obliterating & reversing
the 1400 ksk advantage enjoyed by the west lobe in the previous
trial balance

& thus the contest has tightened up again into an implausibly
dead heat
for now

nor would i have wanted it any other way frankly

but this is looking very doable now

what fun

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Lowell G. McManus"