Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Re: 'Do-able' borders
Date: Feb 28, 2005 @ 11:02
Author: Asher Samuels (Asher Samuels <asher972@...>)

Regarding ILSY:

The de-facto border area is one of the most heavily-mined areas in the world
(or so I was told in the army) and Israeli maps don't mark the minefields that
are close to the border. You can drive close enough to look for a good-sized
portion of it.

If one refers to the pre-1967 border, it should be mostly accessible. If
someone else is interested in exploring it - give me a couple weeks notice so I
can get a day or two off work.

I'm checking what appears to be do-able, mostly do-able, and not do-able for
Israel's borders with its neighbours and will post to the list.