Subject: Re: United Arab Emirate - Qatar border: Does it exist?
Date: Feb 20, 2005 @ 21:47
Author: aletheiak ("aletheiak" <aletheiak@...>)

good perennial question dom for which no apology is necessary
& tho the key link is already dead & i cant remember what it said
hahaha
i think message 11423
which includes an eye witness account
resolved this to my complete satisfaction at the time
as i can only hope it will to yours now

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "sdrawkcabdom"
<sdrawkcab8@h...> wrote:

> Sorry if this ahs been raised before, but there is much
conflicting
> information on the question of whether the UAE and Qatar
border or
> each other.
>
> The conventional view is that they don't. Most Atlases, including
the
> CIA World Factbook, show this. See a map here:
> http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/maps/ae-map.gif
>
> However, other maps show a border. See

here:http://www.cbsnews.com/htdocs/world_country_facts/middl
e_east/ima
> ges/cr_uae_map.gif and

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/travel/dg/maps/90/750x750_
qatar_m.
> gif
>
> Accoridng the CIA WFB, "because the treaties have not been
made
> public, the exact alignment of the [UAE's] boundary with Saudi
Arabia