Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Re: CNMNRUE picture
Date: Feb 11, 2005 @ 13:06
Author: Richard Lam ("Richard Lam" <richardlam11@...>)

Website is from an expedition to the China-Russia-Mongolia tripoint. The railway checkpoint showing PRC and "USSR" gates is at Manzhouli, Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, PRC. The tripoint spot is two hours drive south of here. The border markers on the tripoint contains the coat of arms of the state, the year of construction as well as the marker number (No. 0 at this point). The Russian (Soviet?) coat of arms has already fallen off. There are other border markers nearby, markers with single digit are Chinese made, while Russian made markers have two digits. Marker No. 1 is about 200 meters away.