Subject: Re: International Date Line marker
Date: Feb 09, 2005 @ 15:32
Author: aletheiak ("aletheiak" <aletheiak@...>)

i agree completely with manfred in
http://egroups.com/group/BoundaryPoint/message/16585

the text of this marker
which is actually an advertisement for a nearby souvenir stand
appears to fudge ideas a bit when it says so flatly
this marks the 180th meridian or the international date line

& if it is referring to the spot that it actually marks & stands upon
then it appears to err flagrantly in saying
this is where each new day begins

except
that each new day does indeed begin everywhere

at dawn

so perhaps the souvenir sellers too do know whereof they speak

was it you who said
locals dont know

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Jesper Nielsen"