Subject: Re: Green Island Ile Verte SPM
Date: Feb 08, 2005 @ 15:17
Author: aletheiak ("aletheiak" <aletheiak@...>)

oh ok
i see now
you are taking both the stated coords & this map at their word

ok
that is interesting now

so i think the only way to resolve the apparent conflict in the data
is to advance to the official & best available map

canadian chart number 4490 mentioned below

& this should be available in canadian government map stores
in most major cities in case one of our resident canadians feels
inspired to oblige the quest

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "aletheiak"
<aletheiak@y...> wrote:

> --- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "romain_hodapp"
> <romain_hodapp@y...> wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > And the result ... is updated on the page
> > http://www.geocities.com/romain_hodapp/Ile-verte.html
> >
> > Right or wrong ???
>
> please see one insert below
>
> > Romain
> >
> > --- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "aletheiak"
> <aletheiak@y...>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > --- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, Romain HODAPP
> > dans
> > > ces liens de bonnes informations. Comme j'ai un bon
> logiciel
> > > pour le SIG, je vais essayer de faire une carte de cette
> frontière
> > > maritime. Peut-être une surprise.
> > > quelques photos prises en 2003.
>
> but this says
> the southwesternmost islet of the group
>
> & that has been our understanding to date also
>
> so i believe you need to revise your turnpoint accordingly
> so as to enclose that islet
> & indeed the entire group of islets
> within canadian waters

> in
> > > these links good information.
> of
> > > this maritime border. Perhaps a surprise.
> > >

> > > wonderful romain
> > >
> > > & we will be standing at attention for this
> > > since it is just the level of detail we have been wanting here
> but
> > > have not yet been able to find or create
> > >
> > > of course we are particularly interested in how the
boundary
> runs
> > > in the vicinity of the 2 islets that it touches at low tide
> > >
> > > or in other words turnpoints 4 & 5
> > >

> > > great to see your pix here too
> > > which are our first such glimpses
> > > as well as this best map we have yet seen of the islets
> > >
> > > would you happen to know if it is taken from canadian chart
> > > number 4490
> > >
> > > that is the one we believe to be the most detailed available
> map
> > > by the way
> > >

> > > For the moment I send you, on a webpage, a map and
some