Subject: Re: Austria vs. the rest of the world in the Bodensee?
Date: Jan 13, 2005 @ 18:40
Author: aletheiak ("aletheiak" <aletheiak@...>)

please look for several inserts

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, Petter Brabec
<pete2784west@y...> wrote:
> I dare to comment it by the sheer fact, that whether we like it or
not, when we deal with boundaries, there is always a history. Changes
in whereabouts of the tripoints and new borders are a natural
consequence of not living in status quo. Therefore, my interest does
not concern just the borders and tripoints of current legitimacy, but
also those ones that does not exist anymore. To give you an example,
Yugoslavia, Soviet Union, Czechoslovakia fell apart giving birth to
new tripoints, and new treaties about boundaries, tripoints. It did
not always happen through a peaceful process. Borders in Europe of
1937 were not the same in 1947, were not tha same in 1997. The
history, the Zeitgeist, the politics and political doctrines are
there all the way. It comes with the territory of interests and
politics. Politics of nationalism create borders, and new tripoints.
The Oslo treaty from 1993 created Palestine and new borders and new
tripoints. The final treaty about the exact place may be
> more or less mathematics, but the treaty has a long history of
creation.
> So, no we can not take a breather from something just because we
don't like it,

on the contrary

we not only can take a breather but it would be stupid not to

if & when we find we are not liking something
well that is just the time to take a breather from it
& turn instead to something we do like

>when we first say that we are interested in tripoints and
boundaries. It does not sound very convincing if I was to say: Hey, I
like to look up tripoints and boundaries, but only the ones with a
nice history or (even better) no history at all. Just treaties and
mathematics, that's what I prefer.
> I hope this forum does not forbid to talk about history of
tripoints and boundaries, because then I would like to know.

of course this forum does not forbid anything

that was only someones misunderstanding of this forum

<lnadybal@c...>
> wrote:
> >
> > >Kallos wrote "...why would we even want to know that"
> >
> > We'd perhaps want to know that in order to learn from history.
> > Some of the members live for the past - which isn't "right"
> > or "wrong - so get used to it and stop asking.
> > LN

the misunderstanding began right here because the original quote was
truncated & its meaning thereby distorted in order for the speaker to
make his predictable point

but please see & reflect below on the full actual quote

> > --- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, aletheia kallos
> > <aletheiak@y...> wrote:
> > > Wolfgang Schaub <Wolfgang.Schaub@c...> wrote:
> > > I can see now why Austria favors the condominium philosophy -
it
> > would
> > > provide them a greater share of the lake.
> > >
> > > But we still don't know which "philosophy" prevailed during the
> > Anschluss
> > > period.

now please pay attention here

> > > true but again why would we even want to know that
> > >
> > > surely you dont imagine it is relevant to finding the true
atchde
> > tripoint position or legal status today or ever

for this was the original specific entire question

& then subsequently everyone proceeded to progressively get their
noses & brains out of joint over what they needed to imagine was
actually meant or said

but so far as i know
nobody has ever forbidden anything here

well except for porn spam
shoot

& of course len telling me to stop asking