Subject: Re: Once again: Seborga
Date: Dec 13, 2004 @ 23:20
Author: aletheiak ("aletheiak" <aletheiak@...>)

as our resident expert on seborga & philology etc
should you now or ever be able to shed any light the question of
whether there is any basis in fact for the familiar saying
seborgans snag robes
please report in immediately

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Wolfgang Schaub"
<Wolfgang.Schaub@c...> wrote:
> On the top of Seborga's highest peak, the Monte Carparo, over
which also the
> border runs between Seborga and the neighboring community to the
East, I
> found a flat rock on which the symbols as shown in the attachment
were
> engraved.
>
> The locals in Seborga did not know what they meant. The mailbox of
Giorgio
> I. is notoriously full as he has no interest communicating with
people like
> me who do not carry cash into his principality. I speculate
the "SC" could
> mean Sommità di Carparo, or Seborga Communità? Or even Sepulcrum
Cassinense?