Subject: AW: [BoundaryPoint] Andy of HoboTraveler.com Enters
Date: Nov 23, 2004 @ 17:32
Author: Wolfgang Schaub ("Wolfgang Schaub" <Wolfgang.Schaub@...>)

What our new friend Andy of HoboTraveler.com believes "international thinking" is, is shown in his fundamental in-depth analysis of Europe, taken from his website:

AAAAGH TRAVEL EUROPE

Seitingen, Germany (In South near Stuttgart.)

Hello,

It is not a surprise to the long term readers of Hobo Travel Tips

Newsletter that I am not real fond of Europe. I have just had

the absolute worst week of travel in my 7 year adventure, Iraq

was easy compared to the overwhelming problems that Europe

poses to me a wanderer of the planet.

I am a traveler, I am not a tourist. Tourist go on tours and pay

too much money for everything and say thank you.

A traveler buys a one-way ticket and roams the planet like

a nomad with no set plans and is complete free, and is not

afraid or delusional about the cultures of the world having

learned that all the world is the playground, and it is my choice

to go or no go. Plus we say when things are stupid!

I will try to keep it short.

I pay 28 Dollars US in London for a Hostel.

(That is 10 Days in most countries.)

Ryanair.com and their 5 pound ticket turned into a bait and

switch tactics that ended up in me paying a cumulative cost

over 100 pounds.

(Note that I traveled Easyjet.com last year with no problems.)

I asked 3 separate people on the plane for advice on a beach

near Genoa, Italy with NO TOURIST and they sent me to

Chinque Terre that has to be one of the most beautifully completely

full on tourist areas of Italy. Right up there with the

Champs Elysees Paris for pains.

I get on a train to go to Slovenia to escapes the lemmings,

and the train ends up in Vienna and the conductor checked

my ticket twice. Could not be bother to help.

I slept in the airport in Stansted, England because this is

one of the worlds most inconvenient airports.

I slept in the trains in Italy because there was no rooms.

I slept in the train again because Vienna has no rooms.

OK, I can get rooms for 100 Dollars, but these places do

not feel good to me, and I trust my instincts that value was

not there.

OK… I give up, I will go to Thailand and head for Vietnam

and the Philippines again. I spent 300 Dollars U.S. in 3 days

and this beat me up, I am not a millionaire and nobody sends

the dollar as the whole world wants something for nothing.

But I am doing good now as I am in Germany living for free

for a week and Germany even seems lots cheaper and more

organized than Italy. London is good, but they really pound you.

Before I try Europe I will arrange BEFORE I come a room

for a month at 300 Euros a fair price or know where I can

buy a van. India is better than this type of crap.

Why does world want to plan every minute of every day?

That is not freedom, I think we have lost the plot.

I feel like I am in a hurry to go nowhere,

and I have no idea why?

I fly to Thailand on the seventh of June.

I did finally put up all the photos.

BOTTOM LINES.

You need to buy a car in Europe or the USA, to say you

know the countries, or rent a room and LIVE.