Subject: vernal ut re kearney ne Re: sidney ia
Date: Nov 04, 2004 @ 00:49
Author: aletheiak ("aletheiak" <aletheiak@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Lowell G. McManus"
<mcmanus71496@m...> wrote:
> Textopunctoscopy is not going to work everywhere.

yes i figured that
but i thought to give you credit for everywhere anyway
so it might at least become true or more true than now

Actually, Nebraska is in the
> minority of states in having its county boundary legislation
included in its
> codified laws. Most states' on-line codified laws simply have the
statutes
> related to county government, but they don't contain the boundary
> specifications. Those would be found in musty, old non-codified
legislative
> acts that are seldom on-line. I don't yet have a list of the
states with
> codified county boundaries on-line. We can learn that as we go.

yes good
& that will at least give us a fix on how many lifetimes it may take

but i think things are getting better all the time too
so we could still stand to save all extra lives in the final analysis

> Then there's Texas (where many of our prospective tertiary
quadripoints lie).
> When the Republic of Texas joined the Union in 1845, it retained
title to all of
> its vacant public lands. Thus, they were not surveyed under the US
Public Land
> Survey. The state's General Land Office handled all of that. I do
not know,
> yet, what procedures were used to install a survey grid in those
areas not yet
> settled. It will be interesting to find out their methodology for
surveying
> those lines and inserting offsets. I'll be working on that.
>
> Lowell G. McManus
> Leesville, Louisiana, USA

Sixth
> > Principal
> > > Meridian itself. As such, it would have no offsets at all,
being a
> > continuous
> > > true meridian throughout its territory. The township line in
> > question is the
> > > Third Standard Parallel North (of the Sixth Principal Meridian's
> > Base
> > > Line)--each fourth township line being a standard parallel. The
> > standard
> > > parallels are surveyed before any of the other nearby range and
> > township lines.
> > > The range lines are surveyed due north (not south) from each
> > standard parallel,
> > > so it is on the standard parallels that you would expect to find
> > offsets in
> > > range lines to correct for accumulated convergence of meridians
and
> > any
> > > accumulated error. Again, this is no ordinary range line,
> > however, but the
> > > Sixth Principal Meridian.
> > >
> > > So, I think we can adjudge this a perfect cardinal-cross
> > quadripoint.
> > >
> > > To our non-American friends, for whom the United States Public
Land
> > Survey must
> > > be a deep mystery, I apologize. :-)

good joke
but this is original bp fundamental pursuit

they could be inspired to do megapointing europe too
& reveal still profounder mystery

> > > Lowell G. McManus
> > > Leesville, Louisiana, USA

a huge cut occurs at this point in honor of brendan