Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Re: servitudes
Date: Oct 31, 2004 @ 05:05
Author: Lowell G. McManus ("Lowell G. McManus" <mcmanus71496@...>)

I think that the answer to Len's question is "yes."

I have selected some excerpts from the Louisiana Civil Code regarding predial
servitudes between landowners that are analogous to the situation of an enclave
or an enclosed state and its surrounding state. Since these might not be of
wide interest, I am not inserting them in this post. Instead, I have placed
them on a web page at http://www.mexlist.com/bp/cc.htm . The "dominant estate"
is the one benefiting from the servitude, while the "servient estate" is the one
providing the benefit.

Lowell G. McManus
Leesville, Louisiana, USA