Subject: SV: [BoundaryPoint] Re: Russia-China disputed islands
Date: Oct 28, 2004 @ 18:38
Author: Christian Berghänel (=?iso-8859-1?Q?Christian_Bergh=E4nel?= <christian.berghanel@...>)
Prev    Post in Topic    Next
Prev    Post in Time    Next

Thanks for the maps. Great!
Here are some more news to this:

RADIO FREE EUROPE/RADIO LIBERTY, PRAGUE, CZECH REPUBLIC
RFE/RL NEWSLINE Vol. 8, No. 201, Part I, 22 October 2004

REGIONAL LEGISLATURE CALLS FOR REJECTION OF CHINA BORDER ACCORD. The
Khabarovsk Krai legislature on 22 October unanimously adopted a
resolution calling on the State Duma and the Federation Council not
to ratify a border agreement with China that President Putin signed
in Beijing on 14 October, the website of "Kommersant-Daily" reported
(http://www.kommersant.ru). Under the agreement, portions of the
Tarabarov and Bolshoi Ussuriiskii islands in the Amur River will be
ceded to China. Khabarovsk Krai Governor Viktor Ishaev reportedly
supports the resolution, although he said he personally does not see
anything wrong with the treaty. "By passing a resolution, the
deputies acted correctly," Ishaev said. "They expressed their
concerns so that Duma deputies, in making a decision about
ratification, would know the entire situation." RC