Subject: Re: Film about Steinstücken
Date: Oct 10, 2004 @ 01:52
Author: L. A. Nadybal ("L. A. Nadybal" <lnadybal@...>)

Hi, Chris and thanks for the details.
RBB offers to tape the sending for a fee - it is also doing a show on
Dreilinden, which was the old autobahn crossing that was the subject
of a border crossing change in conjunction with the Russians and the
US in the American sector.
Take them up on their offer and get copies, and anyone who would like
DvDs of the show can contact me "off-line"...
I also learned that RBB has the archives of Sender Freies Berlin,
which must be super - they were the occupation authority's public TV
sender in the early days of the occupation, and certainly it broadcast
news stories when the enclave border changes that took place. I'll
contact them about those, too.

Regards

Len

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "chris schulz" <23568@g...> wrote:
> Hi,
> its called rbb, this is Radio Berlin Brandenburg. In Germany there
is beside private TV-stations a network of state owned TV-/
Radio-stations. Every land like Bavaria or Hesse has its own. Smaller
ones had fusions of stations like the former SFB (Sender Freies
Berlin) together with ORB (Ostdeutscher Rundfunk Brandenburg) became rbb.
> All these stations work together in the ARD (Arbeitsgemeinschaft der
Rundfunkanstalten Deutschlands). This is a result of the federal
structure of Germany.
> ARD is called "Das Erste" - first programme, and can be seen
everywhere in Germany.
> In the late 60ies there was a feeling of "One is not enough" and so
ZDF was created. ZDF - "Zweites Deutsches Fernsehen" - second
programme, can be seen also everywhere in Germany.
> Beside ARD and ZDF there was a system of "the third programmes".
Every regional station had some hours its own evening Programme like
Bavaria 3 or Hesse 3.

> So this is the context of rbb.
>
> Only in the 80ies Germany got private TV and today there are about
30 different programmes in the cable-net. On satelite even more.

> The "Steinstücken" is part of a German-German-memorial series around
of 9th of november, when there will be 15th anniversary of the
wall-breakdown.
> that can be seen here:
> http://www.rbb-online.de/_/fernsehen/teaser_jsp/key=teaser_1168058.html
>
> the titles are:
> 1.11. places to remeber - documentation about Dreilinden
> 9.11. where was the wall? - lots about the wall and its
dissapearing, with film-material from planes
> 10.11. model Kleinmachnow - what happened to this village close to
Berlin after the wall-breakdown
> 11.11. Steinstücken - a resident tells about her life in Steinstücken.
> 12.11. Germany comes together - documentation about 4 persons,
working in the German parliament 15 years after reunification.

http://www.rbb-online.de/_/fernsehen/frequenzen_jsp.html
> i cant say, if rbb is shown in any other cable-net outside germany.

German

http://www.rbb-online.de/_/fernsehen/teaser_jsp/key=teaser_1168088.html