Subject: Re: Myanmar - Thailand
Date: Mar 06, 2001 @ 21:19
Author: peter.smaardijk@and.com (peter.smaardijk@...)

If it's any border, then it's certainly that one. The resort is very
close to that boundary. Just look at
http://www.waveconcepts.com/4winds/thai/raft.html . Look for:
Expedition to the River Mae Khlong-5 Days/4 Nights. It mentions Mae
Sot being very close to the Myanmarese border (and that's true,
according to my atlas). It says that 'you will tour the Burmese
border'. According to the map going with the site you found, it is
south of Mae Sot.

It just doesn't look very border-like. I mean the building DOES, but
I can't find much of a uniform-clad presence, which you really should
expect on a border like that. Be that as it may, I can see a Thai
flag flying from the building, and the border being virtually in a
town corresponds to what I find in my atlas (Mae Sot is really ON the
border, the other side is called Myawadi).

Peter S.
--- In BoundaryPoint@y..., "Jesper & Nicolette Nielsen"