Subject: Re: Hi everyone! I'm the tri-pointer from Arizona with the website...
Date: Sep 01, 2004 @ 23:25
Author: aletheiak ("aletheiak" <aletheiak@...>)

welcome rob
& standing ovations on all your many tripoint visits & tries

or at least i think i have finally caught them all now

very enjoyable presentations they were too

it isnt every day a new member arrives so fully credentialed in
our great art & science & sport

following are comments regarding specific points

first & foremost
extreme congrats on getting so close to the elusive binational
tristate point mxus2aznmso
& best wishes for your eventual completion of it
as it was until now 1 of the only 2 remaining tristate points on the
mexican border that had never been reported here to have been
tried by anyone

the other btw being its near neighbor mxus2chnmso
which thus now becomes the only remaining complete virgin on
mxus
all others having now been at least tried if not yet actually
reached

& when you retry demdpa
be reassured it is quite safe & easy & indeed lovely to follow the
blazed trail along the noncurvy mile or so of the depa state line
that begins just across the street from the arc corner stone

& thus to completely avoid that heavily armed marylander

the stubbier mdp marker shown on the topo just to the north of
the slightly taller true demdpa marker dated 1849 is not a
predecessor demdpa nor a mason&dixon stone but i believe
just a subsequent triangulation point named after its near
neighbor tripoint

the depa arc is actually 2 distinct arcs of slightly different radii &
center points that feather together imperceptibly about midway
from nj to md
& i believe the no longer extant wedge arc is technically of a third
also slightly different radius & center point

the actual coksok tristate marker is hidden under the puddle in
the shallow manhole beneath the removable cover

for further particulars on these & other domestic tristate points
see especially the bp pdf file entitled parsell
& the bp link entitled the corner corner

also to search with our bp engine for info on specific points
arranging the component state abbreviations in alphabetical
order gets most of the hits

& we are certainly looking forward to all your future presentations

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "robedsall"
<robedsall@a...> wrote:
> All (particularly Jesper and Bill H.),
>
> I'm so pleased that you all found me (and that I found you) - I'm
> sorry about the dead links - I think I have the slashes the wrong
way
> from the trip-point map. I'm going to have a good time poking
> through all of your posts, and I'd love more comments about
my page.
> I'm a geography professor at Arizona State and took this up as
> hobby after I was trying to think of a cool field trip for my intro
> map reading class. For now, Jesper is correct that the best
thing to
> do is to avoid the map (unfortuantely) and start at
>
> http://www.public.asu.edu/~redsall/triplepoints/june2004/1.htm
>
> for the southwest stuff,
>
> http://www.public.asu.edu/~redsall/triplepoints/july2004/1.htm
>
> for the midwest ones,
>
> http://www.public.asu.edu/~redsall/triplepoints/other/
>
> and hack around in there two other ones in my adventuring.
>
> I'm just finishing up about eight more tri-points (the blue circles
> and a couple green circles on the map) and will alert you all
when
> they get posted.
>
> How fun is this!? Thanks for comments and sharing your
experiences.