Subject: Re: Baarle is wonderfull
Date: Aug 08, 2004 @ 17:25
Author: aletheiak ("aletheiak" <aletheiak@...>)

the reason i ask for as much detail as possible is that a slightly
previous visitor
described the marker at that time as a stake pillar
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BoundaryPoint/message/1201

so the pipe stem in your pic could well be a recent replacement
marker

& thus the land owner who was introduced in that report
if he is still present there
might be able to tell us something more about the marker

like
especially
whether it is indeed an official marker of the official quadripoint
& whether it was indeed changed as recently as it appears
& if so why

or whether it is perhaps just that an old ad hoc stake planted by
one farmer simply wore out & got replaced by his or a new
farmers new ad hoc pipe

which is to say
by whatever was available & convenient for whoever just noticed
that the old best guessed folk marker had fallen over
& so just fixed it too
as best as he could guess & do in his turn

& of course
in terms of exactitude
everything could depend upon the answer to these questions

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "aletheiak"

wrote:
> > Yes, I made pictures of three Baarle-enclaves to the south,
> they're attached:
> > - N8 with indication of the border, seen from south-west
> > - H20 with indication of the border, seen from north
> > - H19, seen from north-east, no border-indication but
> consisting out part of the meadow left to the ditch & part of the
> wood in the background
> >
> > You might also surf to
> > http://www.grenspalen.nl/archief/index.html
> > with an item on Baarle (English version available), including
> maps, pictures of H22 & the Quadripoint H1-H2
> >

> > Vriendelijke groet, Eef Berns

additional
> enclaves closer to the belgian border. Are there any pictures of
> those?
> >
> > Petter
> >
> > Jesper Nielsen <jesniel@i...> wrote:
> > How many times do you cross the border going by rail from
> BE proper, passing Baarle, into NL proper: 9 times is my
guess.

http://www.grenspalen.nl/archief/baarle-map%20met%20enclav
> e-aanduidingen-center.jpg
> >
> > Isn't Baarle just wonderfull:
> >
> > Enclave H13+H14: Enclaves must cross in and out of
> property boundaries
> >
> > Enclave H9: part of factory-looking building is enclave
> >
> > etc etc
> >
> > Can it be true nobody never did a full photo report???
> >
> > Jesper
> >

> > Ny versjon av Yahoo! Messenger
> > Nye ikoner og bakgrunner, webkamera med superkvalitet
og