Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] world class border arc census was Re: real bjneng try afoot
Date: Aug 05, 2004 @ 05:41
Author: Michael Kaufman (Michael Kaufman <mikekaufman79@...>)

I think it's just a matter of practicality. The
circles are used only in regards to specific tangent
lines. It is easier to do this since the circles are
centered in the "centers" of villages. It is easier
to talk about that than to try and describe a point in
the middle of nowhere that may be where the tangent
line touches the radius and a turnpoint may be.

http://home.worldonline.dk/jesniel/border/african_tripoints.htm#d

http://www.law.fsu.edu/library/collection/LimitsinSeas/maps/bs1

http://www.law.fsu.edu/library/collection/LimitsinSeas/maps/bs2.

http://www.law.fsu.edu/library/collection/LimitsinSeas/IBS091.pdf