Subject: Re: Tripoint rating or classes
Date: Jul 31, 2004 @ 16:28
Author: aletheiak ("aletheiak" <aletheiak@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Jesper Nielsen"
<jesniel@i...> wrote:
> As far as I remember, nobody had a look at the top. It's taller
than these pics suggest.

great
for that means we still have somewhere to go & grow here

fantastic

indeed it looks just like atchlis is looking
in a way

only easier
probably

but hopefully you will find the atchlis cross marker to be warped
enough so you wont need to climb all the way up on top of it too
in order to also make your point there absolutely class a

for that one is really frightfully tall & dangerous looking

indeed it will be most exciting to even learn the true tripoint
location there
or even just to learn how it can be positively determined

> Yes, it IS about monument, or markers: "this is normally
applied only to marked tripoints
> where typically you could put your fingertip on the dimple or
> crosshairs or apex that the monument itself uses to represent
> the tripoint"

right
you could have put your finger on the point
& still could

but as you indicate
you havent yet done so

you have touched only on the monument
& have circled the point
but you havent reached the point

indeed this tripoint per se is still a virgin so far as we know

http://www.nicolette.dk/borderbase/tripoint.php?c1=114&c2=124
> &c3=144&orientation=
> >
> > Jesper
>
> well read it & smile
>
> these classes are not about the monument but about the
tripoint