Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Unknown situation Irland-Northern-Irland
Date: Jul 21, 2004 @ 23:19
Author: John J. Kelly ("John J. Kelly" <johnkelly@...>)

I grew up in Ireland so I can give my perspective here. The border
most likely goes through the middle of the road. Also the roads there
are usually only one lane wide, making passing another car difficult.
So you mihgt find yourself driving in 2 countries simultaneously.
There are several towns on the border where one side of the street is
the Irish Republic and the other side is in the UK. In one case (I
don't know where.) where the UK police station is across the street
from the Irish police station. Neither police can cross the street
while in uniform.
Also, you won't find any full exclaves on either side of the border.

Hope this helps.
JK

> hi,
>
> does anyone knows this situation?
> http://tinyurl.com/4b8gp
>
> i add a scan of it, that shows, what i mean.
> my question is about the street and if the border is on the right or
the left site or in the middle of the road.