Subject: Re: question for dave or anyone
Date: Jul 12, 2004 @ 19:26
Author: aletheiak ("aletheiak" <aletheiak@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Patton [DCP]"
<dpatton@c...> wrote:
> >has anyone ever found a stream confluence anywhere that is
> >situated at integral degrees of both latitude & longitude
> >
> >by any standard datum
>
> I presume you are asking because then there would be a
> "confluence at the confluence"?

well yes i am asking that & perhaps more
since i am actually hoping not just for 1 such stream confluence
at a degree confluence
but for an ensemble or gathering or collection of such
confluences squared
& thus a confluence to the third power or degree as well
& a fully multidimensional actualization to complement the newly
conceived clave map stamp collection
that aspires to be a cute little bunch of cute little things on cute
little things

> I don't recall any such visit, but I'll ask the other
> regional coordinators if they remember anything like that.
>
> The only thing that came to my mind is the 44N 110W visit:
> http://www.confluence.org/confluence.php?lat=44&lon=-110
> where on the way to the confluence the visitors went through
> Two Ocean Pass:
> Just over the top we crossed Trail Creek and followed it north
> about 4 more miles to Two Ocean Pass, which officially marks
the
> Continental Divide. Here we detoured off the main trail about a
> quarter mile to see Parting of the Waters Natural Landmark.
> Two Ocean Creek appears no different from the hundreds of
other
> streams flowing down out of the mountains here, yet somehow
it
> happens to naturally split into two streams heading off in
opposite
> directions. Water flowing down Atlantic Creek goes east along
> 3,488 mile path through the Platte, Missouri and Mississippi
rivers,
> into the Gulf of Mexico and finally to the Atlantic Ocean.
> Pacific Creek likewise heads west ending up in its namesake
> 1,353 miles away.
>

> --
> Dave Patton
> Canadian Coordinator, Degree Confluence Project
> http://www.confluence.org/
> My website: http://members.shaw.ca/davepatton/

thanx for this rare & fascinating example
http://topozone.com/map.asp?lat=44.04111&lon=-110.16667
not really of a confluence at a confluence
but of what might be called a diffluence near a confluence

& i dont think i have heard of more than a very few such partings
of the waters in the entire world
so they might be well worth collecting in their own right

& tho not what i was looking for
certainly are mighty fine & special

& just to change the topic again
which seems to be the order of the day anyway
while maintaining the focus on multiple & mighty fine & special
i have been seeking & collecting electromagnetic vortices lately

& have rounded up the famous & obvious 4 or 7 sedona anodes
which however on closer examination now appear to be both
anodal & cathodal
oops
http://www.lovesedona.com
plus the great oregonian wonder
albeit of unknown polarity
http://www.oregonvortex.com
& the only other possibly credible examples i have even heard of
were said to be on 3 of the hawaiian islands

but can anyone add to this collection
preferably with an example outside the usa

or explain why all the known ones are in the usa