Subject: Re: Baarle: Latest
Date: Jul 10, 2004 @ 05:43
Author: aletheiak ("aletheiak" <aletheiak@...>)

doesnt the situation you are describing prevail in every border
area thruout the combined schengen & euro regions

& what conclusions about the relative cost of living do you dare to
draw from the relative cost of postage alone
especially where the differences alternate illogically
as they usually do
& as is in fact the case with belgium & the netherlands

example
standard postage to the usa
65 from be
72 from nl
but
priority postage to the usa
80 from be
77 from nl

conclusions
the cost of living in a hurry is 5 percent higher in belgium
but
the cost of living slowly is 10 percent higher in holland

& thus you can save twice as much by walking to the post office
in belgium than you can by running to the one in holland

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "L. A. Nadybal"

<aletheiak@y...> wrote:
> > why would it be interesting
> >
> > http://www.atms.ch/rates
> >

> > --- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "L. A. Nadybal"
> > <lnadybal@c...> wrote:
> > > It would also be interesting to know from which post office
in
> > town
> > > one gets the better deal in Euros when mailing letters.
> > > Len Nadybal
> > >

> > > --- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Ali John Baker"
> > asked if
> > has