Subject: Re: Tripoint Bulgaria-Turkey-Greece
Date: Jun 25, 2004 @ 19:11
Author: aletheiak ("aletheiak" <aletheiak@...>)

exciting indeed when last heard from in message 1450
bggrtr is supposed to be in the middle of this river
aka maritsa
possibly on the thalweg
& is witnessed on the left bank by bgtr marker 320
all per ibs numbers 49 & 56
very near the bulgarian border village of kapitan andreevo

there are several pix of the river & even one of the village
but no known tries for the tripoint itself

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "pete2784west"
<pete2784west@y...> wrote:
> I have just received a Bulgarian road atlas with a scale 1:200
000.
> On the map, it seems that the tripoint is located either on a little
> island in hte middle of the stream of the river
Marica/Meric/Evros
> or on the left shore of the stream. It even seems that there is a
> dam connecting the shores from one side to the other or it
might be
> something else.
> Anyone having more information on this tripoint, or if previously
> discussed, please post a message about it. Nevertheless,
from the